adopt your own virtual pet!

Friday, August 19, 2005

1 Week down a lot more to go...

The first week of football practice is done. Thursday and Friday we had pads on and got to hit people. That's so much fun. I have bruises all over my arms, but they don't hurt. We have shorter practices from now on. Instead of 4 1/2 hours, we have 2 hours. It will be nice to have them later in the day. Instead of 7:30 AM it's 3 PM. Getting more rest will be great.
Today was picture and dinner night. The picture taking process was very slow. I had to wait through JV and Varsity before I got my picture taken. It took over an hour and a half before I got my picture taken. The dinner was ok. Everyone brought a salad or hotdish. I ate too much, though.

But football is only one part of my week. On thursday I went to a chicken feed at our local Rod & Gun. That wasn't quite worth the time. It started at 5:30 PM and we got there at 6 PM. We ended up getting # 340. When we arrived they were calling #'s 125 and below. They went by increments of 30. We didn't eat until after 8. The food was good but I wouldn't do it again.

Here are some other random things I did this week. I mowed my lawn, ate a couple sandwiches, looked into the mirror and flexed- At the end of each practice we lift weights. A different routine everyday. They include bench press, squat, clean, arm curls, leg curls, leg extensions, inclined press, dead-lift, and leg press. If anyone is interested I could tell them the weight, rep, and set counts I do for all these lifts. Anyways while I was flexing in the mirror I noticed that my biceps had increased in size quite a bit. I was so excited that I ran downstairs and showed Josh. He didn't share in my excitment. But it was pretty cool, and that's only after one week of practice. Now continuing with random stuff- I ate apples out of our apple tree, ate waaay too much candy, and got really cold watching hockey.

4 Comments:

Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

What is a chicken feed and Rod & Gun?

Josh not showing excitement...hm, imagine that. :)

Lil' Kerr is getting buff! Watch out ladies. ;) Hehe, that's cool. Keep up with that and you'll be totally buff and studly. :P

5:43 PM, August 19, 2005  
Blogger Jokerr said...

A chicken feed is where people get together and eat a lot of chicken for $8. The Rod & Gun is a club for local fishermen and hunters. They host the dinner.

5:48 PM, August 19, 2005  
Blogger Josh K said...

Studliness requires much more than physical attributes. And Joe has a long way to go before being "buff." Not being mean, but he's 14.
Worry not, however, he is learning.

8:44 PM, August 19, 2005  
Blogger Annette said...

Oh yes, and you have so much to teach, right, Mr. Kerr?

9:11 PM, August 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home