adopt your own virtual pet!

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I'm sore.

Football practice started on Monday. Practices go from 7:30 AM to 12 PM. On Thursday we finally get to put pads on and hit people. Now we're just running a lot and lifting weights. It's pretty tough, there were a few times when I thought I was going to throw up. We do a conditioner drill where we sprint around the entire football field. It's 53 1/3 yards (160 feet) across the field and 100 yards (300 ft) down the field. We get 30 second breaks after each time around the field. After doing that 3 times you're pretty winded. We do another drill where the Offensive linemen and the Defensive lineman line up on one sideline and the running backs, receivers, and D-Ends line up on the other. I'm a receiver. The concept is to sprint to the other side and back as fast as you can. The Linemen go first and whatever time they get we have to beat by 6 seconds. They usually get around 22-23 seconds. If we don't get below the 16-17 seconds we have to do an extra one. We do it at least 3 times but we had to do an extra one so we had 4. When we're done with those we get a 10 minute break, afterwhich we do some minor conditioning drills and then go lift weights for 45 minutes. It's a tough regimen.
After football the day goes by pretty quickly. I get home and eat lunch, I might take a short nap, wake up, clean for a little bit, read the bible, and then it's time for supper. I've been getting to bed later then I should be. Usually around 10:30. I should be in bed by 9 so I'll be more rested.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh K said...

Joe, go to your MSN blog and tell your adoring fans that THIS is your new site.

10:04 PM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger Annette said...

Yaaaaay Joey Kerr!

11:27 PM, August 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home